Powered By Blogger

February 13, 2013

A mini album.....the first of MANY

I bought two of these Echo Park interactive albums from a local retailer that was closing up shop. I had been tossing around the idea of doing a mini album for DQ but really didn't know where to start. I have some paper bags cut and ready to go but quite frankly was intimidated by the thought....they are not to be wasted though - I WILL complete that album soon, lol. Here are some pics of the album that I did for DQ's sweet 16th birthday. She absolutely loved it. I included one page of her with "the love of her life" and advised I did that so she can look back on this time in her life and remember happy times (should things go sour in the future *gasp*). I made this album in the Fall of 2012 and used up the bulk of 2 kits - Simple Stories Summer Fresh and Simple Stories Fabulous. These are my fave kits *evah* and I still have scraps that I can't part with. I'm sure you will see them on cards someday soon haha.
 
This is the cover. I included the quote from the movie "The Help" as it's one of her faves. This album is about being an independent and strong young woman. I wanted to include quotes that I feel she can live by.
The inside quote says "Instead of wishing you were someone else, be proud of who you are. You never know who has been looking at you wishing they were you". - Unknown.

The pics are of my baby sister and DQ last year. The quote says "See regardless of what anybody believes who hates me: you ain't gonna make or break me" - Eminem. She was thrilled to see this quote in there as most mom's are not too fond of Eminem. I'm not a normal mom - I like Eminem lol.
Pics of DQ and MM (my other daughter Mini-Me) last summer during a camping trip. The quote says "Four things a woman should know: How to look like a girl, How to act like a lady, How to think like a man, And how to work like a dog" - Unknown.
These are the pics of DQ and LOHL(love of her life) who recently split and are attempting *another* reconciliation, sigh....the quote reads "Don't be the girl who needs a man, be the girl a man needs" - Unknown. I LOVE this quote - I may even get it made as a vinyl sticker and post on both daughter's walls.
Simple shots of everyday life for DQ. The quote reads "Be the girl you'd want your daughter to be. Be the girl you'd want your son to date. Be classy, anything but trashy" - Unknown.

And I seem to be missing the pic of the back cover. It had a photo of my girls hugging - a rare thing, let me tell you.

I also did a mini album for MM's 10th birthday - post to come soon :)

Thanks for looking!!


 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome mini album!!